Re: buildworld failing with "make: don't know how to make @/dev/pccard/pccarddevs.h"

From: P.D. Seniura <pdseniura_at_techie.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:55:26 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:48:09 -0400
To: freebsd-current_at_FreeBSD.org, Paul Seniura <pdseniura_at_techie.com>
Subject: Re: buildworld failing with "make: don't know how to make _at_/dev/pccard/pccarddevs.h"

> On Friday 04 June 2004 11:34 am, Paul Seniura wrote:
> > Building world has been failing for several days.
> >
> > I cannot find anything in maillist archives on this specific error.
> > Before you ask, Yes I saw the changes to 'pccard' code but there's nothing
> > specific to this error in the maillist archives as of this writing. So this
> > bug seems to be 'new'.
> >
> > Latest CTM buckets applied as of this morning.
> >
> > Did 'rm -Rf /usr/obj/*' prior to 'make buildworld'.
> >
> > Got it narrowed down.
> > Remaking the modules will show the error.  This log is a "re-run" so some
> > modules have already been built:
>
> Do a 'make cleandir' in src/sys/modules and try again.

No change, still getting the error on the same modules.
(I'll not quote the log this time.  ;)

I remember recently other problems with building
modules with world (instead of with kernel).  I'm
wondering if the changes to pccard somehow re-invoked
those problems?

I can try switching that option, or just blow away the
whole /src tree and reapply the CTM deltas, but it
takes an overnight run to do the whole world on this
puny pentium2.  I won't know how the next run will
have fared until Monday.  <sigh>

Yeah I gotta follow -Current for stuff I'm doing...

Thank you for helping.

> John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>  <><  http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/
> "Power Users Use the Power to Serve"  =  http://www.FreeBSD.org

  --  thx, Paul Seniura.