Re: DNS problem

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_DougBarton.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 21:43:25 -0700
John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> Most likely your named.root is out of date.  Last week b.root-servers.net
> changed IP address and took my dns server off line.

For the record, there is no way that these two events could have been
related. The IP actually updated in January, and the old IP is still
answering queries (and will be for some time). Root server IP changes
are very carefully orchestrated to avoid problems like the ones you are
concerned about.

HTH,

Doug

--

	If you're never wrong, you're not trying hard enough