Hangups, panics and X malfunction with today kernel.

From: Alexander Nedotsukov <bland_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 21:17:22 +0900
Guys,

I'd like to inform you that recently (after May 23) something was
changed in kernel code wich makes a lot of troubles on my machine.
Panics during boot stage. Usually I see them inside cambio and once in
taskqueue. Boot hangups during acd0 detection phase. I can see messages
like bellow before hangup/panic:
Jun  5 17:42:53 bbnest kernel: acd0: WARNING - MODE_SENSE_BIG read data
overrun 34>18
Jun  5 17:42:53 bbnest kernel: acd0: FAILURE - MODE_SENSE_BIG HARDWARE
ERROR asc=0xf1 ascq=0x63 error=0
Jun  5 17:42:53 bbnest kernel: acd0: WARNING - MODE_SENSE_BIG read data
overrun 34>18
Jun  5 17:42:53 bbnest kernel: acd0: FAILURE - MODE_SENSE_BIG HARDWARE
ERROR asc=0xf1 ascq=0x63 error=0
Jun  5 17:42:53 bbnest kernel: acd0: WARNING - MODE_SENSE_BIG read data
overrun 34>18
And even system boots successfuly X (with nvidia driver) won't start. It
stuck in text moderight after video memory probe with a lot of garbage
on the screen. The only way I can go fother is to press c-a-d/power keys
(i mean no console switching or X kill sequences availabe).

There is kernel config and dmesgs (obtained with kernel from May 23 and
today) available http://bbnest.net/~bland/sysinfo/

Not sure if this connected to the case but early last month I found
myself unable to boot system with secondary IDE controller disabled in
BIOS. It was ok before.

All the best,
Alexander.