Atheros support no longer works on -CURRENT (kldload, possibly ACPI?)

From: Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 11:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
Hardware: IBM Thinkpad T40, IBM Atheros A/B card
Software: -CURRENT as of 6/5/04, but older 5/25 kernel still shows problem

Symptoms: I don't use it very frequently, so I kldload if_ath as necessary.
Previously, it was load, config, and go, now...

I see:
pci0: Failed to set ACPI power state D3 on (null): AE_BAD_PARAMETER
before the usual (and correct) ath0 status messages

When I "up" the interface, I see:
ath0: hardware error; resetting
in a continuous parade scrolling up the screen

I tried setting hw.ath.debug, but the dump scrolls off faster than I can see
it.  The system has no serial port to capture from...

This could be an ACPI issue instead, but I don't see anything like this for
the compiled-in set of drivers.

Jeff Katcher