Re: Project Evil & ACX100-based cards (D-Link DWL-520+)

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 16:28:54 +0000 (GMT)
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 04:59:38 +0300
> Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_portaone.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi Bill,
> >
> > I'm trying to make my D-Link DWL-520+ card working with if_ndis, but no
> > luck yet. The card is correctly detected, driver attaches to it. If I
> > configure it in the adhoc mode it is seen from the nearby machine and
> > connected to, but traffic doesn't flow. :-(
> >
> > Any ideas? Please let me know if more information is necessary.
>
> Have you tried the FreeBSD native KLD (wlan.kewl.org)? I've installed it
> on my brother's system and on a system of a friend. Both don't complain,
> so I assume it works for them (you may perhaps need to do a "ifconfig
> acx0 down; sleep 5; ifconfig acx0 up" after booting, but then it should
> negotiate with an AP).

I can probably get this card to work, but as I told Maxim directly, I
refuse to do debugging via e-mail. (I'm sorry, but it's just too goddamn
frustrating: what could take me an hour or two to fix on my own can take
weeks when I have to give a crash course in network debugging to someone
half a planet away.)

What I really need is a sample NIC with the Texas Instruments chip on it.
It can be any form factor (PCI, miniPCI or cardbus). Anyone want to step
forward and help Project Evil Labs take yet another stride towards world
domination?

Anyone? Anyone?

Beuler?

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose