Re: HEADSUP! netgraph Metadata changing.

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:02:36 +0300
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:58:31AM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> R> > It is used only on UDP connection, to send replies back to where the original
> R> > packets came from.
> R> >
> R> I wouldn't hardcode it this way.  Rather, it just mimics the
> R> sendto()/recvfrom() semantics, to represent the "to"/"from"
> R> arguments, respectively.
>
> Pardon, haven't understand what do you suggest. You mean, that it'll be better
> if node originating packets will insert this tag?

It's not just used "to send replies back".  In our proprietary module,
we expect the connected node to be of a type "inet/dgram/udp ksocket",
and insert tags appropriately to send datagrams to a correct router.
We also read tags to verify that the datagrams are coming from the
correct router.  And it just mimics the sendto()/recvfrom() behavior.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org