Re: opteron build failure/500MB termcap.db

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:01:30 +0200
Hi,

Anthony Schneider wrote on Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 12:47:26PM -0400:
[..]
> what part of "500MB termcap.db" did you not understand?  don't be an ass.
> it's really unnecessary.

You did not show the size of the termcap in your email.
You did say so in the subject, though. I admit being blind
in this respect and I apologize for my rude answer.

However, you could have made the point more clear,
and illustrating your statement in the subject e.g. by
showing something like:

[..]
# ls -al /usr/obj/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.db
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  501310720 Apr 11 17:27 /usr/obj/usr/src/share/termcap/termcap.db
                           ^^^^^^^^^ this is wrong
[..]

besides the error messages, which are just a more distant symptom
of the problem instead of the large termcap.db and therefore misleading.

> soft updates are off for this filesystem.  this isn't an issue of using
> twice the space, it's an issue of termcap.db being 500MB instead of 1.x MB.
> the file is created during buildworld, and installworld comes much later,
> so if this is created by some kind of temporary delay then it's a long
> temporary delay, and my os forever thinks that this file is 500MB.
[..]

Obviously this is not the issue (as Maxime also pointed out already).

Sorry again.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock  - My name is Pentium of Borg, division is futile, you
                                                will be approximated. -