Re: digital camera

From: Stephan van Beerschoten <stephanb_at_whacky.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 21:31:56 +0200
On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 06:58:50PM -0600, darren_at_chatcanada.net wrote:
>what would you recomend in the line of a cheap digital camera for use with
>freebsd?  just want to use it to take a few photos of my area for
>websites.

Canon .. definitly. I'm loving my Digital Ixus 400 (aka Elph S400).
Also, in stead of using a graphics tool I'm using this:

Port:   s10sh-0.2.2
Info:   USB/serial userspace driver for the Canon PowerShot digital cameras

but of course I'm also having a PCMCIA-CF cardreader because (as mentioned by somebody already) it is much faster and it won't wear down your sensitive connectors on your camera.
They costs something like $15 and are definitly worth the money.

/Stephan

--
Stephan van Beerschoten                    [KeyID: 0x08F12864]
"If you are adminstering UNIX systems and don't master tools