crash from sources yesterday

From: Daryl Chance <chancedj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2004 16:52:00 -0700 (PDT)
I've always had problems with DMA under 5.x.  I've had
dma disabled since probably 5.0 and just now got back
around to re-enabling them.  I'm still getting
crashes.

I can get it to happen quite often when I rebuild my
vinum volume.  It just happened a few hours ago, so i
went ahead and did some debugging.

it got to 21% and gave me this message:

http://cspeak.homeip.net/~chancedj/littleboom.txt

After that, i issued a start mp3.p1 to try and start
the revival process again.  After that I got the
following:

http://cspeak.homeip.net/~chancedj/bigboom.txt

After all this, it crashed.  I didn't get a dump of it
because it wouldn't let me dump...and when i typed
panic to get into the debugger, it reset.

But, I did get the address it was crashed at (and it's
easy to remember because I remember thinking that it
might also be a joke).

0xdeadc0de

also, I was able to get this dump for a vinum crash
i've been having since i updated a few weeks ago.  I
rebuild the volume, save config and reboot and it
crashes.

http://cspeak.homeip.net/~chancedj/vinum.txt
http://cspeak.homeip.net/~chancedj/vinum_history (long
and some probably irrelevant)
http://cspeak.homeip.net/~chancedj/vinum.cfg

Let me know if you guys want me to try anything or run
any patches/more debugging.

Daryl