Re: SiI 3114 SATA support (plain disk mode)

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 12:48:35 -0600
On May 12, 2004, at 12:33 AM, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <FFA2CCA5-A3DD-11D8-A0B4-003065A70D30_at_shire.net>, "Chad
> Leigh -- Shi
> re.Net LLC" writes:
>> Hi
>>
>> I realize that the ATA/SATA support is evolving and ongoing.  I just
>> wanted to know what the current level of support is for the SiI 3114
>> SATA controller in -CURRENT.   I want to use it with plain old disks,
>> not in any raid mode.
>>
>> I have a Tyan S2882 dual Opteron board running FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT
>> (updated May 11) running i386 version.
>
> With the last commit from sos_at_ (yesterday I think) the Sil3114 works
> on my S2882.

Hi All

Ok, I finally got around to upgrading to the latest -CURRENT around 7am
UTC June 10.  I re-enabled the SiL 3114 in plain disk mode in the mb
bios and booted.  There is one disk plugged into the mb SATA ports and
2 still plugged in to the Promise controller I have been using.  (I
also tried it with all 3 plugged into the mb).  On boot with the latest
-CURRENT, the system no longer crashes.  However, even though the BIOS
lists the disks correctly on POST, FreeBSD shows no SATA disks.  (I
boot off a SCSI RAID array on an Adaptec 2200S).

Have others a working system with the SiL 2882 dual opteron boards
running i386 -CURRENT?

Thanks
Chad