Re: new rc.d style & ordering

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:15:09 +0200
Garrett Wollman wrote:
 > <<On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:32:06 +0200, Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_fer.hr> said:
 >

 >>What about services such as apache, which may or may not depend on
services
 >>such as databases, if they are installed? For example: If I run
apache with
 >>php and mysql, I want mysql to be started before apache.
 >

 > In theory, you can put in a null script whose only purpose is to force
 > the dependency order:
 >
 > #!/bin/sh
 > # REQUIRE: database
 > # BEFORE: web-server

Ouch, I should have though of that :) I see in rcorder.c that it's valid
and supported to have one script with "PROVIDE: database mysql" and
another with "PROVIDE: database postgresql". Also from looking at the
code, it seems that probably there's no need for a dummy "database" script.

It's still not clear to me if one could put "database_load=YES" in
rc.conf and load them all at once?

--
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nath Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't
you understand?