Re: bg fsck and fs corruption

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 13:28:49 -0400
At 6:44 PM +0200 6/12/04, Michael Nottebrock wrote:
>On Saturday 12 June 2004 15:11, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>  > phk's sparc panicked while I was using it for package building,
>  > and since he had forgotten to disable bg fsck I was reminded
>  > again of why I turn it off on all my other systems:
>
>Why does it default to on anyway? :-(

I think it is reasonable to have it default on for a *current* branch,
but if there are still issues with it at the time of 5.3-release then
we should change the default to be off for the 5.x-stable branch...

Are these issues on the list of things which "Must Be Fixed" for
5.x-stable?

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org