Re: ACPI interrupt problems? (Was: HEADS UP: Starting socket locking merge)

From: Dan Nelson <dnelson_at_allantgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 00:22:31 -0500
In the last episode (Jun 13), Nate Lawson said:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, John Birrell wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 12, 2004 at 05:09:32PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> > > As we've had mbuma merged recently, altq, and several other
> > > networking changes in addition to this, I'd ask people be
> > > particularly diligent in reporting new poor behavior in the
> > > network stack.  Because we've also seen several fixes along the
> > > way, I'd also ask you make sure you're up-to-date.
> >
> > That's difficult for those of us who are affected by the ACPI
> > interrupt allocation problems. If ACPI isn't going to be fixed soon
> > (it's been 2 weeks already), then the last commits should be
> > backed.
>
> It would help if you'd point out the email message with this problem
> and what commits caused it.  I'm not aware of any new interrupt
> problems and haven't seen email about it on acpi_at_.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-June/028426.html
(mid <200406051220.56698.msch_at_snafu.de> ) has 4 people reporting
problems with ACPI and interrupt routing, starting some time after May
22.  I still see it on today's kernel.  There's also a post by jhb
saying he thinks he knows what the problem it.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson_at_allantgroup.com