Bogus signal handler causes kernel panic (5.2.1-p8/i386)

From: Simon Barner <barner_at_in.tum.de>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:57:06 +0200
Hi,

I tried the local denial of service attack described in [1], that was
reported for Linux 2.4 and 2.6 some days ago (see [2] for the original
thread in linux.kernel)  on my FreeBSD 5.2.1-p8 system.

The result is a kernel panic (back trace attached).

Since des_at_ told me in a private mail, that he could not reprocduce the
panic on -CURRENT, I'd like to ask how to proceed from here.

Is the problem known to be fixed in current?
Is somebody able to reproduce this on FreeBSD 5.2.1 (I am sorry,
upgrading to -CURRENT is out of question for me)?

Please note, that the problem does not exist on FreeBSD 4.9 (the test
program simply dumps core (bt attached)).

Thanks in advance for your hints,
 Simon

[1] http://linuxreviews.org/news/2004-06-11_kernel_crash/#toc1
[2] http://groups.google.de/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=f7580d647408b95b&seekm=26hGq-Zr-31%40gated-at.bofh.it#link1