Re: Possible Threading problem with -CURRENT / MySQL?

From: Brad Knowles <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 08:07:50 +0200
At 1:31 AM -0400 2004-06-17, Robert Watson wrote:

>  - Removing Giant from UNIX domain sockets

	Out of curiosity, is this something that could be relatively
safely done in general?  Any ideas on what the plan is for doing this
as the default on -CURRENT?

>  - Disabling HTT
>  - Using ADAPTIVE_MUTEXES

	These both sound like typical improvements, based on what I've
seen on this list.  Any ideas on when they might become the default?

>  - Running with SCHED_4BSD instead of SCHED_ULE

	This is the only one that really concerns me.  This shows that we
clearly need more work on ULE.  Is there one particular thing that we
seem to be tripping up on, or is it a multitude of things?

--
Brad Knowles, <brad.knowles_at_skynet.be>