RE: problem with cvsup

From: Grover Lines <grover_at_ceribus.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 00:58:44 -0700
> Maxime Henrion wrote:
> > Grover Lines wrote:
> > > I've been battling this problem for about a week now and have
> reinstalled
> > > every dependency of cvsup with no avail. Maybe someone knows what got
> > > tweaked that's causing this to happen. I've also tried using different
> cvsup
> > > servers with the same results. My other machine cvsups fine. Both are
> > > running the latest current (June 15-16). I cant find any answers to on
> > > google, only people with the same problems. Both machines are on the
> same
> > > network also and are using tested working cables.
> > >
> > > hellhound# cvsup -g -L 2 main-supfile
> > > Parsing supfile "main-supfile"
> > > Connecting to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > > Connected to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > > Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> > > Negotiating file attribute support
> > > Exchanging collection information
> > > Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection Running Updating
> collection
> > > src-all/cvs Server warning: Cannot open
> > >
> "/usr/local/etc/cvsup/prefixes/FreeBSD.cvs/src/contrib/71#1f/eqn/eqn.h,v":
> > > No such file or directory ^CCleaning up ...
> > >
> > > hellhound# cvsup -g -L 2 main-supfile
> > > Parsing supfile "main-supfile"
> > > Connecting to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > > Connected to cvsup10.freebsd.org
> > > Server software version: SNAP_16_1h
> > > Negotiating file attribute support
> > > Exchanging collection information
> > > Establishing multiplexed-mode data connection Running Updating
> collection
> > > src-all/cvs TreeList failed: Network write failure: Connection closed
> Will
> > > retry at 14:12:59
> >
> > Use another mirror server, this one is definitely broken.
>
> Oops.  Nevermind, I should have read your mail more closely.  If it does
> the
> same on several servers, it is most likely memory corruption on your box.
> It looks like you send garbage data to the CVSup server.  Is the box
> working correctly otherwise?  Can it run make buildworld fine?  It might
> be
> a hardware problem.
>
> Cheers,
> Maxime

It builds world and kernels fine has been every day for over a week. I've
tried erasing the sup folder, installing cvsup from packages, installing
from ports and I still get the same results.

I'm thinking maybe it was something that portupgrade messed up but I don't
know what else affects cvsup besides what the port installs and its
depencies.