Re: Loader failure when booting from CompactFlash

From: Martin Nilsson <martin_at_gneto.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 15:26:01 +0200
avleeuwen_at_piwebs.com wrote:
> I'm trying to boot a compact -CURRENT installation from a CompactFlash
> disk on a Lex Light mini system (see www.lex.com.tw).

I've installed ThinBSD (which is based on 5.2.1) on a Lex Light and it
works.

> If I boot from a hard drive, it works fine, but when I boot from the
> CompactFlash, it crashes immediately when attempting to start the loader.
> It gives an error message, but the system immediately restarts, so I can't
> read it. The CompactFlash disk boots fine in a completely different
> system.

How have you formatted (slices/labels) the flash? I was unable to get it
to boot if I did it in another computer with a 7in1 cardreader.. I had
to boot on a FreeBSD CD in the lex and run sysinstall from there. (CD
was connected via USB).

	/Martin