Re: Bogus signal handler causes kernel panic (5.2.1-p8/i386)

From: Simon Barner <barner_at_in.tum.de>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 15:49:44 +0200
Bruce,

first of all thanks a lot for your comprehensive replys. I tried both of
your patched with the following results:

- patch 1 ("the quick & dirty one"): The panic is gone, the program is its
  infinite loop printing lots of '.'s and some '*'s, without any
  recognizable pattern and consumes 100% cpu, but nothing bad happens.

- patch 2 ("the not so quick one"): My system still panics (stack trace
  attached).

  Additionally, I see the following messages on my console (e.g. when I
  run `script' (but only as root IIRC, I can examine this further if you
  need this information):

Jun 18 14:56:09 zi025 kernel: kernel trap 22 with interrupts disabled
Jun 18 14:56:09 zi025 kernel: npxdna: fpcurthread == curthread 1 times
                                                              ^^^
                                            this counter is increasing

For your reference, I also attached my kernel configuration.

Simon