dell usb keyboard not attached to console by default on P4C800-E

From: leon breedt <freebsd-current_at_lists.xeraph.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:11:37 +0100
hi,

i have a Dell USB keyboard that's stopped working correctly in -CURRENT
(synced today (Jun 20)).

the symptoms are that i am unable to type anything in. however, if i
attach a PS/2 keyboard, and do:

  # kbdcontrol -k /dev/ukbd0

the USB keyboard starts working. my workaround for now has been to
add

keyboard="/dev/ukbd0"

to /etc/rc.conf. i didn't need this in 5.2.1-R though, is this a
regression, or expected behaviour?

i've attached the verbose dmesg output, and my kernel configuration.

thanks,
leon