RE: 5.2.1 boot question

From: Darin <derwood_at_naebunny.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:54:07 -0400
Thanks for the response..

>This was a known bug with that package build, sadly.  Any recent build has
a fix.

How recent?  I compiled KDE 3.2.3 from cvsuped ports on Thursday, June 18.
I found messages discussing the problem with KUser that dated back to
October of 2003.

>Somewhere you have 'sysctl sysctl' running, which is probably in
/etc/sysctl.conf.  Make sure they're just name=value pairs and not full
sysctl commands.

I'll file that away in case anything like it ever happens again.  I couldn't
figure it out last night, so I tarred up /usr and /var and did a fresh
install and then restored everything back.  Its all working properly now.. I
knew I shouldn't have used KUser.. Heh.. That's what I get for being lazy..

FYI - The only change I had made to /etc/sysctl.conf was to add 'sysctl -w
vfs.usermount=1' so that my daughter could mount CDs from her ID

Darin -