Re: New preview patch for ipfw to pfil_hooks conversion

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:45:40 +0200
Maxim Konovalov wrote:

> > > In fact, our real world tests shown the current -CURRENT comparing to
> > > RELENG_5_2 is in a very bad shape.  Is it really worth to commit that
> > > mostly cleanup code before say 6-CURRENT with a chance to
> >
> > of course it is! i also do not follow the reasoning -- given that it is
> > cleaning up code, it is only welcome at any stage except perhaps
> > in code freeze.
>
> My concern is bugs.  Especially in cleanup code, especially in
> ip_pcbopt and ip_reass.

I do not modify ip_pcbopt in any way.  All the IP Options stuff is simply
a 1:1 code move to get them all in one single place.

For ip_reass() I've taken a very conservative approach and just moved
the external code into the function itself.  In terms of coding style
it looks a bit ugly but is a pure 1:1 adaption of the existing code.
Thus I'm sure that I haven't changed the behaviour of the ip reassembly
code in any way (except one).  I agree that a rewrite of ip_reass() is
a very delicate thing because of possible bugs, but that is not what I
have done.

--
Andre