Re: _<service> users [Was: startup error for pflogd]

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:56:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 21 Jun 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> I like _pflogd

I like the idea too, but I think its missed the train to get in on 5.x.
This breaks a lot of distributed user management since the system users
will become desync'd from prior releases, particularly 4.x. Adoption of 5
is a bit slack and I expect to see mixed 4/5 environments for quite a
while still.  4 to 5 is going to be a bad enough migration as is; lets not
make it worse :)

I think its quite doable for 6.x; this gives ports a chance to get on
board without having a huge rush before 5.3 hits the street.