Re: FreeBSD on 64 bit AMD

From: Freddie Cash <fcash-ml_at_sd73.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:22:23 -0700 (PDT)
> Is anyone out there running FreeBSD on the AMD Opteron Processor 200
> Series?

> We're looking at putting a Sun V20z into production and I would very
> much appreciate hearing any experiences out there using this hardware
> with FreeBSD.

Pop over to http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/ and read through the
various threads about this.  There are quite a few people running
32-bit and 64-bit FreeBSD on the Athlon64 and Opteron.  Some are
having nothing but problems, other are having nothing but smooth
sailing.  Their experiences appear to depend on the ports they are
running.

--
Freddie Cash, CCNT CCLP        Helpdesk / Network Support Tech.
School District 73             (250) 377-HELP [377-4357]