Re: Kernel Panic with new kernel

From: F. Senault <fred.letter_at_lacave.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:06:06 +0200
Wednesday, June 23, 2004, 3:06:49 AM, you wrote:

Hi.

> Hi,
> I use vinum and as soon as the vinum module is loaded durring boot I
> get the following

> panic: umount: dangling vnode

Seen exactly the same, with kernel and world cvsupped and rebuilt
yesterday.  On the other hand, if I boot into single user, kldload
vinum by hand, and continue the boot process, everything goes smoothly.

It's a test machine, if I can get something to help, I can try.

(In the other news, I'm also having problems with SMP on a CUR-DLS Asus
board.  Under load, system freezes solid with CURRENT, but works
flawlessly with STABLE...  More info on that if I can get something.)

Fred
--
An ASCII character walks into a bar and orders a double. 'Having a bad
day?' asks the barman. 'Yeah, I have a parity error,' replies the ASCII