Re: Using Geom to mirror root partitions?

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:57:14 +0200
On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:07:17PM +0200, Eirik Oeverby wrote:
+> >My geom_mirror implementation is going well. I'm using it on one
+> >(let's say it is production) box. More work have to be done to make it
+> >complete still.
+> >If many people are interested I can commit some code
+> >(for automatic-configuration). To keep this class close to other classes
+> >like geom_stripe and geom_concat I want to implement manual-configurable
+> >mirror as well.
+>
+> Is this end-user (as in sysadmin-with-no-kernel-hacking-diploma) stuff?
+> I need to mirror some drives that I used to mirror using vinum, and both
+> the ata driver raid and the cdd method seems to be crashing on me (amd64).

Ah, I forgot, that I'm using it with some patches to GEOM, that wasn't
reviewed yet by phk and are still not committed...

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl