Re: Panic on today's -current

From: Beecher Rintoul <akbeech_at_northwindcom.dyndns.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 11:04:21 -0800
On Thursday 24 June 2004 06:23 am, Damian Gerow wrote:
> Thus spake Conrad J. Sabatier (conrads_at_cox.net) [24/06/04 10:18]:
> : On 24-Jun-2004 Beecher Rintoul wrote:
> : > Hi,
> : >
> : > I'm getting a panic on today's -current kernel. I don't have a serial
> : > cable so
> : > I couldn't save the message, but it panics after loading lo0.
> :
> : Same here.  Just after, or during, the configuration of lo0.
> :
> : On a normal boot, the next thing to appear just after lo0 is:
> :
> : filter sync'd
> : starting dhclient
> :
> : Perhaps it has something to do with ipf and/or pf?  I have both
> : configured into my kernel.
>
> See my thread 'ipf 3.4.35 woes' -- I'm using ipf, but not pf, and seeing
> exactly the same thing.  And if I turn off the loading of ipf rulesets on
> boot, the panic goes away.  Reloading them manually afterwards doesn't
> cause the panic.

Thanks, that did the trick. I much prefer having the kernel in sync with the
userland. I would switch firewalls, but I have a ruleset that works and I
don't like the idea of re-writing a new set. I still would like to figure out
what the "This: not found" message is all about. I'm getting bombarded by
mail from cron trying to save-entropy.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - akbeech_at_northwindcom.dyndns.org
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \