Re: 802.1x?

From: Brian Fundakowski Feldman <green_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:16:08 -0400
On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 07:44:15PM +0200, Ivan Voras wrote:
> Is there any way for a FreeBSD machine to be a supplicant in 802.1x
> authorisation scheme? Open1x project has abandoned support for FreeBSD (not
> that they had any) and googling around turns up only old information.
>
> My situation is that I need it for authorisation "over the wire" - not on a
> wireless adapter but over ethernet (and then to a RADIUS server I
> presume...).

Try porting Open1x's xsupplicant.  I've done it a bunch of times.  It's
crap code, but recent versions are a lot less bogus.  Since you're not
trying to use it with 802.11, you don't have to worry about FreeBSD's
missing 802.11 functionality where it applies to xsupplicant.  It's an
hour's work, really.  I can give you a slightly out of date FreeBSD
port tree for it.

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \