geom_vinum: Howto rebuild a volume?

From: Daryl Chance <chancedj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 18:34:54 -0700 (PDT)
with vinum, all I used to do on a crashed volume was
to type start <vol>.<plex>

IE:  start mp3.p1

and it would come back with something about being
stale and rebuilding the volume.

When I try the same with geom_vinum, it hangs.  Is
there some way to turn on really verbose logging to
find out where it's hanging?  I know with some
programs -v turns on verbose and the more times you
specify v, it makes it even finer logging (-vvvvv).

Thanks,
Daryl.