Re: Please, stop ruining FreeBSD

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:24:03 -0500
mhermione_at_mail.nextra.ro wrote:
> First the RELENG_5 fiasco. I've never used a worse
> FreeBSD release in my whole FreeBSD experience. I've been using
> FreeBSD
> since the 1.x days and I can tell you, RELENG_5 blows.

Just for good measure:

If you've been using FreeBSD that long, I'm amazed how little you've
learned.  For example, you don't even get the terminology right:
RELENG_5 is not a release, it's a branch.  Plus, 5.x hasn't been
declared -STABLE so it doesn't even exist yet.

> KSE only works on x86 and barely works on sparc. RAIDframe has never
> worked on 5.x. What about alpha? Those people better grab a NetBSD
> install CD.

You're also quite ignorant on the current state of the project.

KSE isn't complete on sparc, although it should work fine on i386,
amd64, and i64.  Sparc KSE support must be complete and stable before
the 5.3 release:
http://www.freebsd.org/kse/
http://www.freebsd.org/releases/5.3R/todo.html

RAIDframe was removed back in March:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2004-March/020551.html

Alpha was demoted to Tier 2 earlier this month because no one is willing
to maintain it and few use it in the first place:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-June/029040.html

> <snip>
>
> Maxim Hermione
> FreeBSD committer

After proving your credentials so well above, I'm not surprised a search
for your name turns up nothing.  Farewell "Maxim Hermione".  Don't let
the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

Jon