Re: panic in vinum

From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 08:40:20 +0930
On Monday, 28 June 2004 at 12:59:06 +0200, Divacky Roman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have set up root on vinum configuration. I create vinum conf (with 1
> disk now)
> vinum> create -f vinum.conf
>
> its gets created...
> then I set vinum.autostart and set /etc/fstab to root on vinum. then I
> reboot
>
> on a boot (todays current about hour old) it crashes - I am not able to
> get crashdump but ddb trace shows this (hand written)

Sorry, that's not enough.  If you're running -CURRENT, you should have
at least remote gdb installed.  There's really not much anybody can do
without a proper back trace (which, even for ddb, should include
details of parameters and addresses, including resolution to line
numbers in the code).

It's looking more and more like "old" vinum is going to go away in
-CURRENT.  It's unfortunate that le chose to give a different name to
the new version, but that's probably the one you should be trying.
Remember that -CURRENT is a development branch.

Greg
--
Note: I discard all HTML mail unseen.
Finger grog_at_FreeBSD.org for PGP public key.