5.2.1-Current freeze caused by copying audio CD-ROM

From: Christoph Sold <Christoph.Sold_at_bahn.de>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:29:05 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Folks,

I can repeatably freeze my Current box using a few problematic CDs. All it takes
is to read the CD using dd, cdparanoia et. al.

A few seconds before the freez occurs the system slows down, I/O goes way up for
a few seconds. After that, the system does not respond. To any keyboard, net, or
serial activity. I've waited a few nights to check the system does not react.

Any ideas how to debug this problem?

-Christoph Sold