Re: Intel updates the list of Prescott P-IV bugs

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:21:23 +0200
Hi,

John Baldwin wrote on Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:42:39AM -0400:
[..]
> > "A Write to APIC Registers Sometimes May Appear to Have Not Occurred"
> >
> > Is this something that needs to be worked around in FreeBSD?
>
> It might explain the issue on the dual xeon machine sadly.
[..]

Not sure if you are referring to problem (which is on a dual xeon).

However, I can try to build a UP kernel without SMP or APIC,
maybe this helps.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock     - Der Schatten von Hasenfuss ist ziemlich dunkel -
 Daniel Lang * dl_at_leo.org * +49 89 289 18532 * http://www.leo.org/~dl/