Squid, FreeBSD, Multilink PPP

From: Gregory Edigarov <greg_at_profi.kharkov.ua>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 12:43:14 +0300
Hello,

I have Squid-2.5 running on FreeBSD 5-Current. We have 2 ppp links,
and use them in multilink mode, through userlevel ppp.
If one or both links fail and then come up, say, if I just turn the
modem power off and on all the  web browsing becomes very slow
squid.
It takes forever for squid to show a page which, in a normal
conditions, would take only a few seconds. Pings to those sites I am
trying to open are just fine.
Taking squid down and then up have no effect. The only thing help is
rebooting
the whole system.

Is there anything I can do?

--