HEADSUP: ad driver will be retired!

From: Alfred Pederole <apederole_at_mailworks.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:36:39 -0700
In a few days time the ad driver will be retired from FreeBSDs
i386 architecture.

Users, please:

 Update your kernel config file (see GENERIC)

 Update your /etc/fstab (use /dev/wd* instead of /dev/ad* or
  /dev/rad*

 Copy MAKEDEV from src/etc/MAKEDEV to /dev/MAKEDEV and make
 all the wd* disk devices you need for your system.

 Unfortunately current is broken right now, so I can't point
 you at a snapshot to reinstall from should you prefer that
 option, but I'm sure that current.freebsd.org will be
 able to deliver one RSN.

PC98:

 I would like to discuss with the PC98 responsible commmitters
 what the prospects for wd vs ata in PC98 are, please get in
 touch with me.

Alfred

--
Alfred Pederole               FreeBSD coreteam member
ape_at_FreeBSD.ORG               "Real hackers run -stable on their