Re: Fatal trap 12 in kernel mode (amd64)

From: Satoshi Sato <satoshi_at_din.or.jp>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 23:27:41 +0900 (JST)
Hello O'Brien,

From: "David O'Brien" <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 01:10:32 -0800

> > I'm tring to install FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE/amd64 on my dual Opteron machine.
>
> What motherboard is this?

I'm so sorry. It's K8T-Master2.

And I read "ACPI debugging" handbook, just Nate Lawson said.

Then...

Oh My Goodness, causing problem is my USB mouse ( and my BIOS setting).
I've never thought about USB affects kernel before USB driver was loaded.

Now, I've just finished setup that machine and E-Mail client, and read
your mail.

Thanks for your reply.

But, sometimes I got Fatal trap 12( in swapper) at another boot sequence.
(sometime I changed USB connection, replaced kernel, and so on)

Reboot or Turn off and on the machine is my work around, now.
(It works! :-P )

I'll re-read ML archive to avoid sending silly question to ML again.

THX

----
Satoshi Sato