Strange sound issues with CURRENT

From: Nathan Seven <scosol_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 18:05:14 -0800 (PST)
I've synced to CURRENT to attempt to solve the other
sound issues I was having with 5.2.1.RC2.

Anyway- I can't yet tell if the stuttering and
distortion  is fixed yet because, ~30 seconds after
boot, a horrible cycling sample comes out of my
speakers.
It sounds to me like a looped chunk of something, like
some buffer is filling without emptying and then its
just freaking out.

This isn't tied to any specific app, and isn't
generating any strange /var/log/messages output....

I'm thinking very specific problem somewhere in PCM,
would the powers that be like to tell me which kernel
flags they'd like me to enable so I can provide some
sort of useful debugging output?

=====
--
live- http://www.thedenofsin.org/