Re: My planned work on networking stack

From: Gleb Smirnoff <glebius_at_cell.sick.ru>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 11:55:56 +0300
On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 12:43:21AM -0800, Kris Kennaway wrote:
K> > B> That's the plan, I believe, anyway... It would be nice if Quagga could be
K> > B> taught about how to add TCP-MD5 keys to both FreeBSD and OpenBSD SADBs.
K> >
K> >   Is there any plans about integration of BGP routing daemon (Zebra or Quagga)
K> > into FreeBSD? With BGP routing daemon onboard, FreeBSD will be a strong
K> > alternative against expensive commercial routers.
K>
K> What's wrong with installing the port if you want this?

Read on my previous mail pls. I'm speaking of some changes that require
altering both FreeBSD and routing daemon. Currently I'm thinking of AS path
only, but in future some other issues can appear. Routing daemon should be close
to operating system it is running on. FreeBSD has RIP routing daemon - routed, but
no OSPF/BGP one. I think OSPF and BGP are much more used nowadays, than RIP.

Also, I'd be appreciated if you comment the second part of my mail.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE