Re: Mozilla Firefox and firebird problems after sat 022604upgradeof FreeBSD-current

From: Richard Todd <rmtodd_at_servalan.servalan.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2004 22:43:12 -0600
On the freebsd-current list Aaron Peterson wrote:
>I tried renaming libmap.conf this morning, and there was no change in
>behavior -- still locked up hard.  That wouldn't be a very good solution
>long term anyway, since mplayer doesn't seem to work without the
>libmap.conf :).  I also attempted to "ktrace firefox", but apparently

libmap.conf lets you specify different library mappings for
different executables, so you can have some executables use one threading
library and other executables use different ones.  The man page example
even shows doing this with mplayer as an example. :-)  So you can specify
whichever threadlib mappings mplayer is happy with in an mplayer-specific
section of libmap.conf and let anything else use the default.