Re: My planned work on networking stack

From: Chris Luke <chrisy_at_flix.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 15:17:05 -0500
Gleb Smirnoff wrote (on Mar 02):
>   Currently I'm working on my Netflow implementation, and I have faced the
> following problem: I've already got global routing in my routing table, but it
> lacks AS (Autonomous System) information. The routing daemon (zebra in my case)
> already knows ASes, but this informations is lost when routing information is
> injected into kernel. It'll be nice to add AS path to struct rtentry.

I overcame this same problem by hacking a simple query mechanism into
bgpd. My netflow categoriser retains a small routing information cache,
and queries the bgpd for aspath/community information as and when it's
needed.

All my netflow stuff is done off-host, and so is my netflow bgp. I use bgpd
with a view per router that I collect netflow data from, and my netflow system
is configured to relate these things together.

Chris.
--
== chrisy_at_flix.net