-current panics

From: Thorsten Greiner <thorsten_at_tgreiner.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:50:11 +0100
Hi,

a kernel built from a fresh -current cvsup panics before it even
starts init. The same machine runs fine with a kernel from Feb 25th.
The following information was hand copied from DDB, I cannot attach
a serial console right now.

a) Boot with ACPI enabled (this happens right after the kernel
   displays its version information):

fault virtual address: 0xc0......

stack trace:

contigmalloc1
contigmalloc
bus_dmamem_alloc
acpi_alloc_wakeup_handler
mi_startup
begin

b) Boot with ACPI disabled (this happens much latter, about the time
   after the USB devices have been probed)

fault virtual address: 0xb24f

stack trace:

kernbase

I hope this limited amount of information is useful. Please let me
know if I can provide further information.

Regards

        -Thorsten

P.S.: dmesg from working kernel attached

--
The moon may be smaller than Earth, but it's further away.

This message is digitally signed. To verify its integrity, download a copy
of GnuPG for your operating system from http://www.gnupg.org .