Re: SCHED_ULE + nice strangeness?

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu_at_apropo.ro>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 05:53:11 +0200
On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 19:30:57 -0800
Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 05:17:48AM +0200, Ion-Mihai Tetcu wrote:
> >
> > What if you try to rtprio 16 -some_root_own_process ? I got panic:
> > Negative nice count with sources about 2 Feb trying this on portsdb
> > -Uu.. Upgraded to yesterday sources and it's still there. Fully
> > reproducible.
> >
> > I've posted details on 3, but nobody seems to care.
> >

> Perhaps Jeff has a life outside of FreeBSD and can't
> drop everything to fix this problem at your beckon call.

I'm sorry if it sounded that way, it wasn't intended. In fact the
support I'm getting from FreeBSD community for free is usually better
that what I get paying for on some commercial software. With SHED_ULE my
system is faster that with 4BSD, but also hangs more.

Jeff was cc'ed because it was on the original recipients list of
Daniel's message. I didn't intended to bother him with this.

--
IOnut
Unregistered ;) FreeBSD user