HEADS UP: rcNG scripts inside a jail.

From: Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 11:25:43 +0100
Hello.

I'm going to mark scripts below as not usable inside jail.
If anyone is using one of those scripts inside a jail and it works,
now is the right time to start screaming.

	abi
	accounting
	addswap
	adjkerntz
	amd
	apm
	apmd
	archdep
	atm1
	atm2
	atm3
	bgfsck
	ccd
	devd
	devfs
	dhclient
	diskless
	dmesg
	dumpon
	fsck
	gbde
	gbde_swap
	ike
	initdiskless
	initrandom
	ip6addrctl
	ip6fw
	ipfilter
	ipfs
	ipfw
	ipmon
	ipnat
	ipsec
	jail
	kldxref
	lomac
	lpd
	mountcritlocal
	mountcritremote
	mountd
	moused
	mroute6d
	netif
	netoptions
	network_ipv6
	nfsclient
	nfsd
	nfslocking
	nfsserver
	ntpd
	ntpdate
	pccard
	pcvt
	power_profile
	ppp-user
	pppoed
	quota
	random
	root
	routing
	rtadvd
	savecore
	serial
	sppp
	swap1
	syscons
	timed
	usbd
	vinum
	watchdogd

This is the list of scripts that I belive works fine inside a jail, but...

	cleanvar
	cleartmp
	cron
	early.sh
	inetd
	ipxrouted
	isdnd
	kadmind
	ldconfig
	local
	localpkg
	motd
	msgs
	named
	nisdomain
	othermta
	pwcheck
	securelevel
	sendmail
	sshd
	sysctl
	syslogd
	virecover
	ypbind
	yppasswdd
	ypserv
	ypset
	ypupdated
	ypxfrd

And here is the list of scripts that I've no idea if they should be
available inside a jail or not:

	bootparams
	kdc
	kerberos
	keyserv
	kpasswdd
	mrouted
	rarpd
	route6d
	routed
	rpcbind
	rwho

I'll be grateful if responsible parties can help me with those.

If there will be no obejections I'm going to commit it for 3 days
(08/March/2004).

Now is also the right time to discuss if we should change 'nojail'
flag with 'jailok' flag.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd_at_FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl