Re: My planned work on networking stack

From: James <haesu_at_towardex.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:25:30 -0500
> J> 	why inject as_path info from userland to kernel "fib"?  may be netflow turning
> J> 	into an api that quagga can take advantage of to gather accounting information
> J> 	is more feasible?
>
> James, can you please describe your idea more understandible? I can't understand
> your last sentence, sorry.

	sorry, i wasn't writing clearly :)

	what i meant is, an implementation of an API for netflow gathering
	stats from the kernel. once you have that API, perhaps quagga can take
	advantage of that API, to support netflow accounting by itself, along
	with as path information and all that..

	that was my thought initially, BUT.. actually... you can
	actually do this no problem using mrtd dumps and pick it up with a
	program via bgp device :P no need to create another api it seems :)

-J

--
James Jun                                            TowardEX Technologies, Inc.
Technical Lead                        Network Design, Consulting, IT Outsourcing