Re: Jails in -CURRENT

From: Andy Hilker <ah_at_crypta.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 15:35:23 +0100
> I have some pretty hefty jail configs too

What about tools and management, what do you use?
Are you using real virtual systems with own filesystems or do you
mount from host system?
Do you have experiences with devfs rules?
Sorry if i asking too much, i am just curious :)

> me that if an ``exception'' (maybe it isn't even this?) is made, more
> might follow.

Maybe no exception but a useful integration of a powerful jail
management... Main knobs in rc.conf, detailed config outsourced
(simple: see inetd.conf...)

I am also wondering about a useful integration of jls and jexec.
In my scripts i use silly things like "grep all procs, see in /proc
which is running in this jail, kill it".
Very ineffecient, but effective. But jexec and jls are available
und useful now (btw. thanks!).

Ok, i am curious what Mike Makonnen will do.

I think, there is more documentation or hints needed. Many things
i have learned by using jails, but found it nowhere written down.
For example what to disable in rc.conf and cronjob "entropy". Entropy
makes heavy cpu load when running much jails.
And so on...

Maybe someone could collect (i would do this) all experiences, tips,
hints, bugs, feature requests and so on. And then post and discuss
it here for next steps leading to more documentation and new tools.