Re: fxp0 generating lots of interrupts

From: Tony Frank <tfrank_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 10:18:59 +1100
Hi there,

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 10:39:27PM +0100, Julian wrote:
> I just replaced my old network adaptor with another one and noticed
> that vmstat reports lots of interrupts:
>
> vmstat -i | grep fxp
> irq11: fxp0                      1532367        394
>
> Is this "normal"?

I guess that depends what you consider to be 'lots'?

If you are using device polling, then I expect the interrupts to be quite
high.
If you are not using the interface for any network traffic and it is a
quiet network (ie not much broadcast traffic) then I expect the volume
to be high.

If you are using the network actively the volume could be totally normal.

What makes you think you have 'lots' of interupts as opposed to 'normal level' ?

Regards,

Tony