USB Audio devices?

From: Daniel O'Connor <doconnor_at_gsoft.com.au>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:06:51 +1030
Does anyone have any?
I have an M-Audio MobilePre USB and have modified uaudio to upload the
firmware to the device using DFU, but I don't believe these changes are
responsible for the problem as they worked fine in -stable, and once the
device is programmed the added code is not touched.

If I use mpg123 it runs fine, but if I try artsd I get the following crash. (I
tried to get a crash dump but -current doesn't see cooperative on that front
at the moment..) A hand written trace is here ->
uchi_device_isoc_enter()+0x83
uchi_device_isoc_transfer()+0x26
usbd_transfer()+0xcb
uaudio_chan_ptransfer()+0x120
uaudio_trigger_output()+0x78
ua_chan_trigger()+0x3e
chn_trigger()
chn_start()
chn_write()
dsp_write()
spec_write()

fault v. addr = 0xc
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
ins. ptr = 0x8:0xc0738fe3
stack ptr = 0x10:0xdd8fa9f0
frame prt = 0x10:0xdd8faa18

Process was artsd
Instruction was
movl 0xc(%eax), %eax

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum
GPG Fingerprint - 9A8C 569F 685A D928 5140  AE4B 319B 41F4 5D17 FDD5