Re: atkbd default flags

From: Daniel Lang <dl_at_leo.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 13:57:22 +0100
Hi,

Daniel O'Connor wrote on Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 11:57:31AM +1030:
[..]
> If the default is changed then anyone with a USB keyboard would be hosed.
>
> You can only have 1 keyboard device and it prefers a PS/2 keyboard, so if you
> have forced it to think there is one plugged in then it will ignore the USB
> keyboard..
>
> It would be ideal if it could merge events from both keyboards but this is
> non-trivial :)

????

I have a -STABLE box here, with a PS/2 keyboard AND an USB
keyboard attached. I can use _both_ keyboards. Concurrently!

Of course I do a

kbdcontrol -k /dev/kbd1 < /dev/ttyv0 > /dev/null

on system boot.

I would love to get rid of the PS/2 Keyboard, but boot2 and
loader don't seem to be able to use the USB keyboard.

"Keyboard-Legacy-Options" in the BIOS do seem to have no effect
on this behaviour.

Best regards,
 Daniel
--
IRCnet: Mr-Spock
   - In dieser Mail ist ein Geist, der Dich in den Hintern beisst -