FreeBSD 5.2.1 usb problem

From: Mike Crosland <miketemp_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 21:13:04 +0100
I have a problem with getting my usb mouse/keyboard combination running in
FreeBSD. It's a Logitech diNovo, and although both keyboard and mouse both
work fine under Linux I can only get the keyboard working under FreeBSD.
The mouse is correctly recognised when booting, but is given the same usb
device address as the keyboard. Using 'cat /dev/usm0' gives no output, and
attempts to use /dev/usm0 reports that the device is busy. Is it possible
to manually assign usb device addresses in order to try and work round
this?

Mike