Re: FreeBSD 5.2.1 usb problem

From: Bin Ren <br260_at_cam.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 01:15:05 +0000
On 9 Mar 2004, at 00:51, Mike Crosland wrote:

> On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:53:07 +0000, Andrew Boothman
> <andrew_at_mux.org.uk> wrote:
>
>> Mike Crosland wrote:
>>> I have a problem with getting my usb mouse/keyboard combination
>>> running in FreeBSD. It's a Logitech diNovo, and although both
>>> keyboard and mouse both work fine under Linux I can only get the
>>> keyboard working under FreeBSD. The mouse is correctly recognised
>>> when booting, but is given the same usb device address as the
>>> keyboard. Using 'cat /dev/usm0' gives no output, and attempts to use
>>> /dev/usm0 reports that the device is busy. Is it possible to
>>> manually assign usb device addresses in order to try and work round
>>> this?
>>
>> If your ums0 is being probed then usbd (if it is running) will start
>> a moused attached to /dev/ums0, you can then tell X (or whatever) to
>> use /dev/sysmouse
>>
>> Use "usbdevs -d" to check if your mouse has been probed, then check
>> "ps ax|grep moused" to see if a moused has been started for you.
>>
>> Andrew
>>

> That's exactly what I tried to do. Doesn't work I'm afraid :-/ No
> signal from the mouse is getting detected as as far as I can tell.
>
> Thanks anyway
>
> Mike

Hi, all:

I had very tricky experiences with USB keyboard + mouse.
It took me 3 days trying dozens of configurations before I
get them working.

First, check 'dmesg' to see which USB controllers are correctly
configured. In my system, two of the four USB controllers are
disabled (not able to allocate ports) while the other two are
properly configured. Connect your keyboard & mouse to the
working controllers.

Second, this is tricky and I have no explanation: enable ACPI
and they work! I'm using 5.2-current.

Give it a try and see what happens.

-- BIn