Re: sound issues in -CURRENT

From: Ryan Freeman <ryan_at_slipgate.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:07:30 -0800
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 22:06:05 +1100
matti k <matti_at_optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 07:05:24 -0800
> Ryan Freeman <ryan_at_slipgate.org> wrote:
>
> > hello, i've searched the web for hours and hours and only found one
> > hint of evidence that i'm not the only one with the following
> > problem.
>
> Try a search that's not FreeBSD specific.
>
> > i found this post from several months ago that details the
> > same problem i'm having:
>
> My solutoin was more bad luck than anything else. I had a motherboard
> fail and the replacement has onboard sound, which works fine. I'm half
> tempted to try the sblive card, just to see what would happen with the
> new motherboard and power supply.

well, the sound works fine in any other os for as long as i have my box
on...so i don't see how i would need a new motherboard. perhaps the
chipset on this motherboard is slightly incompatible with freebsd at
this point and thats what is causing the problem but i used debian on
here for about 2 years and never did i have a problem. it seems quite
unlikely that suddenly the motherboard would break just in time for
freebsd to be installed :P the motherboard is an ecs k7s5a. oh and
between the time that the sound started screwing up and now i have put
in a spare harddrive to put win2k on and during the few days that i used
that the sound never had a problem, either.

- ryan